I was pleased to be invited to deliver a paper to the fourth conference of the International Consortium for Law and Religion Studies (ICLARS) in Oxford on 8-11 September 2016. The topic was Is there a Right to Freedom from Religion, and a video of my talk is available on line. In the paper – available here in pdf format – I take a generally sceptical view of the idea that there should be such a right.
- A collection of papers written over a period of years by David Pollock, trustee of the British Humanist Association and sometime president of the European Humanist Federation.
- Courts no longer required to rule in certain withdrawal of treatment cases
- Commission on RE calls for major shake-up of subject in English schools
- Humanists UK and Humanist Students announce free membership for students
- Humanists UK speaks out against restrictive abortion laws at UN Human Rights Council