I was pleased to be invited to deliver a paper to the fourth conference of the International Consortium for Law and Religion Studies (ICLARS) in Oxford on 8-11 September 2016. The topic was Is there a Right to Freedom from Religion, and a video of my talk is available on line. In the paper – available here in pdf format – I take a generally sceptical view of the idea that there should be such a right.
- A collection of papers written over a period of years by David Pollock, trustee of the British Humanist Association and sometime president of the European Humanist Federation.
- Hackney Council launches consultation on illegal religious schools following BHA campaigning
- Northern Ireland Humanists to host launch event at Belfast Castle
- BHA responds to Commission on Religious Education, calling for inclusive and impartial education in all types of school
- Humanists in England and Wales call for legal humanist weddings as Scottish Parliament officially recognises humanist ceremonies for marriage provision in law